Saturday, November 13, 2010

Challenge: Days 4 and 5

Sorry, I was gone pretty much all day yesterday. So, I will do Day 4 now:

A Photo of the Last Place You Went on Holiday
(or vacation, as we say in America)
Here we have Gerrit, me, and Evie at Buffalo Phil's in Wisconsin Dells. We met Evie and her husband, Tim, last year through our church's House Group. At the end of this past summer, they invited us to go to Noah's Ark water-park with them. You may remember that Gerrit and I went to Wisconsin Dells and Noah's Ark for our one-year wedding anniversary. We love it there! We couldn't pass it up. After our fun-filled day at the water-park, we went out to eat at Buffalo Phil's with some of Tim and Evie's friends who met us there. If you get to wear a cardboard hat while you eat, you know you're in for a good time. We had a great couple days with Tim, Evie and their son Raef. We're happy they're in our lives.

And now for Day 5:
A Photo of You
This request is so vague! But in honor of the Winter Wonderland we woke up to this morning, here is a picture of me in the snow. Along with some of my favorite girlfriends, I was in the northern part of the state visiting my bosom buddy Mandy. Mandy lives in a far away state now with her husband, Adam. :( So, we had to take advantage of her time in the home land. And what a wonderful time it was!

Me, Mandy, Rachel and Jess
The snow there was so pretty and untouched. Something had to be done! We trekked outside to take pictures and ruin the landscape with our footprints. Jess was our photographer (except for a few shots of all of us that Mandy's mom, Kay, took. We love Kay!) In the photo of me above, Jess called out, "Hey, Cassie! Turn around!" I knew exactly what she was up to, so I put on my cheesiest senior picture smile. Ironically, the picture turned out with me looking all nonchalant when actually I was trying to be funny and posed. Jess is just that good!

I miss Mandy something fierce. Naturally, I really like these pictures because they bring back memories of the wonderful few days we got to spend with her.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Okay I'm loving your blog. It's so fun to see what you are up to and now to follow the picture challenge. You are so good to me, and I'm glad to have you as my bff!