Thursday, November 11, 2010

Challenge: Day 3

A Photo That Makes You Happy
Well, I deliberated (with myself) over this one for awhile. There are several pictures that make me feel happy. Being the sentimental gal that I am, most of my albums are full of pictures that make me happy for one reason or another. Lots of pictures of Gerrit and I came to mind. But I think he might pop up a lot in this challenge. So, I want to give you some variety now.

I love this picture. It was taken during my freshman year in college, obviously after playing in the rain and mud. My friend, Brittany (who is just above me here), decided the weather needed to be taken advantage of. After some fun of our own, we discovered Kristin and Jamie had the same idea we did. Kristin (bottom right), however, decided to make our little trip in the rain a mud fight. She smeared the mud all over my face! She was an RA and was also the older sister of my roommate, so I had to be okay with it. :)

I just think this picture encompasses everything I loved about that year. Everything was new and exciting. Playing in the rain was a totally acceptable thing to do. Why not put off homework for a few hours.....or days???? (Sorry, Dad.) I don't remember what else was going on that day. I don't remember my assignments. I don't remember what day of the week it was or what I did after I was dry. But I remember the feeling I had when this picture was taken. And I remember having so much fun with my dear friend, Brittany. If I could time travel, I would love to do this day again.

1 comment: