Sunday, November 21, 2010

Challenge: Day 11

A Photo of Your Favorite Film
Oh goodness, I just love Sleepless in Seattle. For those who "knew me when," you'll know that I always say my favorite movie is Dumb and Dumber. It's a great movie and will be a never-ending source of jokes between my brother-in-law and me. But Sleepless (as we call it in our family...we're on a one-word basis with this movie), holds a special place in the movie section of my heart. I LOVE movies. I'm sure it stems from my parents love of them. We were always watching something at home or going to the movie theater. There isn't much else to do in a small town! I'm glad that I married into a family that loves movies, as well. If you know Gerrit, you know he loves his movies.

Anyway, back to Sleepless...I could probably quote it all the way through. This movie is one that my family has watched over and over again. I watch it when I can't fall asleep, which is kind of ironic given the title and theme. You can't deny the chemistry that Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan have together. They are both just precious. The soundtrack is right up my alley. And who doesn't love a love story? *{warm fuzzies}* I could go on and on.....I'm stopping now for your benefit.

Another favorite of mine is While You Were Sleeping.
My family quotes this movie when we're together. When someone says something completely "out of left field" (which is often), someone else always says, "John Wayne was tall" or "These mashed potatoes are so creamy." If you don't get the reference, you need to go rent this movie. No, just buy it. You'll love it.

I know that someday, Gerrit will love these films the way I do. My kids will too, because I'm making them watch these starting the day they come home from the hospital.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Ahhh... I love "While You Were Sleeping." :-) I just scored the VHS version for free outside our library!!

Erika said...

Oooo, love these movies and especially "While You were Sleeping"! I used to watch it CONSTANTLY while doing homework in high school and was in need of a good flick in the background :)