Thursday, November 18, 2010

Challenge: Day 9

A Photo of Your Family
(Dad, Mom, me, Gerrit, Courtney, Aubrey, Paul and Jozie)
Hard to believe, but this picture was taken over 3 years ago on Gerrit's and my wedding day. What a day, what a day. I think this is actually the most recent picture we have with most of us in it. And my sister, Carey, and her family are missing! Why? Well, let me tell you....Carey gave birth to her second child the night before the wedding.....2 months early! She and Courtney were supposed to be co-matrons of honor. We figured since she would only be 7 months pregnant at the time, that this wouldn't be a problem. If she got uncomfortable, she could sit down in the middle of the ceremony. But God decided Owen needed to come sooner. And that he did! Carey and Greg missed the wedding, but they had a big day of their own! Most importantly, she and Owen were healthy and he was a little trooper who has grown into a pretty awesome kiddo. Below is a picture of their family: Greg, Sophie, Carey and Owen.
Over the Thanksgiving holiday, we plan to take one big family picture while wearing ugly sweaters. :) I can't wait. I love when we're all together and I wish that could happen more often. I just love my family. They are pretty fantastic as a whole and as individuals. I feel very blessed that God chose to put me in this family.

And finally, here is a picture of the other side of the family. The in-laws! On either side of me and Gerrit are Ed, Gwen, Darcy (older sister), and Ahna (younger sister). The one person missing is Ahna's fiance, Rico. They're getting married this winter! Lord willing, I'll be posting pictures of their big day in the months to come.
I think when you start dating someone, it's really a test run with the family as well. I was relieved when I met Gerrit's family because they are wonderful people. They have welcomed me right in and treat me as one of their own. I appreciate and love them.

Aw, family. I get warm-fuzzies thinking about all of them. :)

No comments: