Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Men Look Away. This is a Question for the Moms Out There:

Could nursing bras be any more horrible? Seriously, the quality is AWFUL. The fit is ATROCIOUS. Just when you need the most comfort and support you've ever needed in that area, the bra lets you down....literally. My gosh! These were obviously designed by a man. A man who has never seen a woman, let alone a nursing mother. Not being able to have the under wire just leaves you loosey goosey. I might as well just apply the absorbent nursing pads with double-stick tape for all the support I'm getting. BAAAAAAAHHHHH! Also, who decided on the size of nursing pads? Have those helped anyone? Ever? They are probably big enough for "Breast-feeding Barbie", but certainly not for a life-sized, in-the-flesh woman. There are serious leakage issues to be addressed here!

*{exhale}*

Thus ends my postpartum rant. Forgive me. I have raging hormones. Just be glad YOU are not the designer of these bras, because I would come at you like a spider monkey. Watch your back.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Awh, honey ... can't say I can empathize with you, because, well, let's just put it this way--the nursing pads were too big for me. HA! But I know I know--there's not a bra out there that is sufficient, no matter what you're need is. So sorry! It does get better ... I'm still nursing, and I just bought a cheapo one from Target (non-nursing). Works like a charm, and I don't mind ruining the bra. :) I also LIVE in sports bras. :)

Charlotte and John said...

Great post Cassie. I was told to not be afraid to spend money on nursing bras, so I did. The brand Bravado is what I got and one has been great, one hasn't - but I am smaller than you! Have you seen the sports bras that have a different piece of material for each side? I have recently tried one of those and it's WONDERFUL.

But most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS!

Charlotte and John said...

A great post. I was told to be willing to spend money on nursing bras, so I bought two from the brand Bravado. One works swell (the one with the most support in it!) and the other doesn't so much. Sports bras that have a separate piece of material for each side also work wonderfully for me. While I am less endowed than you, I hope this helps.

But most importantly, Congratulations!

Sarah Helfinstine said...

Haha! I know, the fit is horrible on mine too...I have just one now that fits semi-okay (since my band size is back to pre-pregnancy), plus the one I use for night-time. The pads are just about perfect for me, but I've had a couple issues (i.e., blizzard causing our trip to Fargo to take an extra 2 hours). I got a couple nursing bras from Target, but they washed up horribly for me, except for the sleep bra, which I love. The first ones I got were Motherhood Maternity, one with underwire & one without, but the one with wires doesn't work for me anymore since it's a band size too big. The wireless one is the one that fits, more or less. Good luck & congrats!

Carey said...

Hey! I feel your pain, sister! I have troubles with getting good bras on a regular day. I got my nursing bras at Motherhood Maternity too. Cup size E. No, I'm not kidding. It probably could have been bigger, and the store had bigger ones! They had underwire, and other than being hideous, they were very functional. I can't remember the brand of pads I used, but if I saw the box, I could point them out. They worked well for me and didn't look like I'd put two small bowls under my shirt. My guess is that leakage will settle down eventually anyway...hopefully.

jenny said...

Totally know. I finally invested in some from Gap online. Good support, but no padding! But I've heard that motherhood maternity has 'em - expensive, but worth the investment?? You cracked me up. I hate nursing pads.