Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby Showers Galore!

Oh my! I was blessed with a plethora of baby showers! Our baby will want for nothing, thanks to my wonderful co-workers, friends, and family. I'll share some picture highlights. But I don't yet have pictures from our last shower with Gerrit's family--which was so great. :) My family also came bearing gifts while they were here for Easter and I don't have pictures of that. Gerrit and I feel very loved by all.

My after-school co-workers threw a dinner shower. It was colorful and loud--just like they are! Co-workers who are reading this: You know it's true and you know I love you. :)

Co-hostess Sally made this sign!
Everyone loves a Boppy! (Co-hostess Melissa is in the background)
Me and Co-hostess Kim.

I also had a joint baby shower with a co-worker at school. We are due about a month apart and it's been great to celebrate, complain, and bounce questions off each other (Is this normal? Are you going through this?). We both felt very loved by the faculty and staff at school. One of our co-workers has a gift (and business) for making cakes! She made the one in the picture. It was delicious and diabetic friendly. :)
Finally, my dearly loved Renovation Church house group ladies threw a shower. They've been a wonderful support throughout the pregnancy with their excitement, prayers, and advice. My friend, Lindsay, took the pictures.

Some of the ladies The presents!Melinda, Me, Evie, and Jordan.
After the shower, Evie, took some maternity pictures for Gerrit and I. Head over to her photography blog if you would like to see some of them!
I can't thank everyone enough for the amazing showers. We are so appreciative. Our little girl is set with all the necessities for her arrival. And she definitely has more clothes than I do (better looking ones, I might add! Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for blogging :) We're thinking of you and praying for you. I hope Gerrit is feeling better. Maya and Brenna say that they can't wait to see the baby (me too)!

Lindsay in Spain said...

I wish I could have gone to all your showers. Would that have been obsessive? Nahh. :)