Thursday, September 29, 2011

Milestones

At Adeline's four month appointment, we completed a checklist of her "milestones." The list includes motor and social skills, among other things. She has met all the expectations of a four month old, and then some. She's ahead of the game so far! Yay, Addie!

At home, we're seeing her become a little lady with a big personality. She has started waking up in the morning screaming with glee. She loves to play with us and grab our faces. She's a pincher!

A bittersweet milestone has been packing away her 0-3 month summer clothes. It's wonderful that she's healthy and growing; but the fact that she'll never be this little again is hard to grasp. As I was folding and packing the clothes, I kept thinking, "We'll get these out again next summer for her. She'll be so cute." And then, "Oh wait, that's not how it works with baby clothes!" She's been so well dressed thanks to our family and friends. Hopefully, we can maintain your standards now that we'll be buying her clothes on our own. :)


This picture doesn't represent a milestone, but it's so darn cute. I noticed that daddy and daughter were both in their "sweats."
A delightful new trick Adeline is learning is laughing! What a wonderful sound to hear (and a lovely contrast to crying). And okay, I'm getting a little crazy with the video posting; but my family appreciates it! So, this is a little video of us trying to get Addie to laugh. She's so cute. I think we'll keep her.

1 comment:

Erika said...

She is SO cute, Cassie!! :) And, I totally hear you on the clothes thing...as I put away Tristen's 3 month clothing, I kept thinking "I can't wait to get it out in the fall"....and then I realized that I needed to have another boy to use the clothes again. Sad day. And, he only has a few cute clothes now instead of dozens! But, I guess that's the way it goes :)