Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo....

On what may have been the last summer-ish weekend for awhile, we went to the zoo with Adam, Maria, and Delia. We went for the last hour it was open, but man!, it was busy! Maneuvering two strollers through the crowds (and other strollers) made looking at the animals a secondary thought. Also, it was Addie and Delia's first zoo experience, so we had to document it.

Gerrit and Addie near the flamingos. It was obvious to me, and I think you'll agree, that they were her favorite. Just look at that expression of joy and enchantment.

Am I a bad mom if I think Adeline looks a liiiiiittle bit like a monkey? A really cute one though!

This is our first Maria/Delia with Cassie/Adeline picture! Hopefully, the first of many. Oh...and Adam was there, too.
Just giving ya a hard time, Adam! You're a cool guy.

***********
On a separate note, I want to thank everyone who has reached out since my previous post about my postpartum struggles. I was hesitant to write it at all, thinking that it may be too personal. But it was well worth it. I've received a lot of encouragement and I feel blessed by that. I've also gotten to hear from and talk to others who are struggling or who have gone through something similar. Things aren't completely better, and I know that may take time. But I'm touched by the messages and support I've gotten. Thank you so much. I'll continue to need it. :) I love you all!

1 comment:

Gordon Magee said...

I love the pictures at the zoo and seeing you in your short hair, very cute. Love Mom