Sunday, July 19, 2009

An Unexpected Treasure

The most wonderful thing happened as my friends and I were celebrating Jess' birthday. We had been planning to go to the beach, but it was freezing outside! So instead, we were browsing the Farmers' Market when we saw an antiques shop that Jess had always wanted to go into. It's unique because there is a vintage/antique bridal boutique in the basement. And as we walked through those doors, our lives changed forevermore.

We were having fun looking at the usual antique store loot.
But as we descended into the basement we found vintage euphoria. And we could try it all on!!!!There were dresses lining the walls, some dating back to the 1800s. It was amazing (and I sang the word 'amazing' just now).
The sales girl was very personable. She knew we were not at all interested in buying, but she insisted that we try everything on that we loved. And we obliged. This is Mandi in a 1960s party dress.

We weren't sure what this was, but we found Jess wearing it.
This hair clip is everything Jess has ever dreamed of. For a mere $150, it could have been hers. I don't know why she didn't buy it.

Hanging on display was this wonderful find from the 60s. But in case you didn't know, it was made for me. The sales girl was very excited that someone finally tried it on. Again, I was happy to do her this favor.
We left.....leaving a little piece of our hearts there.

Well, to top it all off, we had my homemade beach cupcakes for what turned out to be Jess' not-so-beach-themed day. Vintage bridal shopping and cupcakes?! Life will never be the same again.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

i just had a cupcake today....still great 4 days later, and i should have tried on a dress or something, so that it was documented that I was there that day. Maybe you could suggest that Gerrit gets you that dress for your next anniversary? :)

Cassie said...

I wish you were documented in here, too. But the picture I had of you was all blurry. I'm sorry!