Friday, July 3, 2009

If I Can Make it There, I'll Make it Anywhere

I had the wonderful privilege of helping my dear friend, Mandy move to New Jersey. She got married last weekend and her fiance (and our friend), Adam, lives and works there. The weekend before that, she needed help hauling all her loot across the country. So, after many long hours of chatting, munching on junk food, and listening to books on tape, we made it! Sadly, Adam had to work the day after we arrived, so he arranged for us to stay at a hotel in TIMES SQUARE! Mandy and I took as many tours as we could in our day and half there. The pictures below document some of the highlights of our tours of New York.

Can you imagine doing your yoga class in Times Square for the world to see?

Can you imagine this guy being your instructor???? Note the tiger print spandex!

Mandy and I on our ferry tour around Ellis Island.

Me and Lady Liberty!

The Lady herself. I took many pictures as we were approaching her until I realized that maybe I should actually look at her. Shortly after this picture, it started to rain, so we had to seek shelter.

The Empire State Building. I wanted to go to the observation deck, but it's about $50 and I didn't want to see it that bad.

Here's Mandy at our stop on our night tour. It was total downpour for most of the tour. We were soaking and in hysterical laughter for most of it.

How could you not laugh looking at this?

Our final stop and home for the weekend: Times Square. It is lit up and moving constantly! Everything you've heard is true!

A highlight of the trip was going to see the Today Show being filmed. We even got on camera for a couple seconds! And look: it's Matt Lauer....in the flesh!

Mandy and I with our Today show signs.

And for all the ladies out there who love to shop: Saks Fifth Avenue. Eat your heart out.
We had so much fun. I'm so glad I was able to spend this time with Mandy before she got married and moved. I'll never forget it. Thanks you Mandy and Adam for the amazing trip.
Coming Soon: Mandy's Wedding Extravaganza Blog

3 comments:

Mrs. E. said...

Cassie, that looks like sooo much fun!! I loved the pictures.
Happy 4th!

Erika said...

Oh my goodness...how absolutely fun!!!! I'm glad you and Mandy had one last fun adventure together before she got married! Loved the NY pictures and I can't wait to see pictures of their wedding!! :)

Unknown said...

is that Gerrit in those spandex?