Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Day I Became an Adult....

...was last week, at a playground, no less! (My mom really wants me to blog this story, so here it goes:) I was at work and had taken my kids to the park, when my co-worker called me over to her. She said, "Look over there, under that tree." About 100 yards away was a VERY young couple MAKING OUT. Not just making out, but on top of each other too. We were all grossed out by this scene of two 12-year-olds going at it. Something had to be done! But I thought, "If I go and say something, they'll just go and do that somewhere else. They might yell at me." But then I thought, "No! That's terrible logic! We are the responsible ones!"

So, I marched myself over there and yelled, "Hey! Knock it off! We are at a playground. There are small children here who can see everything that you're doing. EVERYONE can see everything that you're doing!"

The young girl look mortified (as I think she should have). She said, "Soooorrrry." But when I saw her bicycle leaning against the tree, I had to get one more thing off my chest. So, I said, "If you have to ride a bike here, you're probably too young to be doing what you were just doing. Go somewhere else. Find something else to do."

They both hung their heads in shame. I wanted to stay and give them a little more education on this topic, but I thought I had said enough for the time being.

And with that, I walked away from the couple and into adulthood. Just call me the Young Love Buzz Kill.

5 comments:

Sonja said...

Young Love Buzz Kill... that's not what they call them now. You are a certified coxblocker. Wear that title proudly.

Unknown said...

phew, hope Mol and I don't get caught by you.

Erika said...

I love this, Cassie!!! I was giggling like a little girl during this whole post! :) So funny...keep up the PDA patrol! And, hopefully you won't catch Pat and Molly..haha :)

Goose Nissley said...

Hahaha! Delightful! So glad I found my way here to read this tale of woe and mirth!

KATHY REIMER said...

You go girl!..or should I sauy woman:) Good job.