Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dear Selena, Your Song is Terrible


Firstly, I get it. I'm not your target market. But since I have no fan-devotion to you, I can say this with honesty. Secondly, I'm sure you didn't actually write this song. That being said...

Your song that is #3 on the Billboard charts is entitled "Come and Get It" and the lyrics in your chorus are "Na na na, na na na, na na na." This takes us back to playgrounds where we taunted our classmates with the same phrases. Since you still see yourself as a little girl, allow me to introduce you to something coming your way soon -- Womanhood, where these lyrics are embarrassing.




Verse 1

You ain't gotta worry it's an open invitation
I'll be sittin' right here real patient
All day all night I'll be waiting standby
Can't stop because I love it, hate the way I love you
All day all night maybe I'm addicted for life, no lie.



Chorus
When you're ready come and get it (x2)
Na na na (x3)

Problem: Woo, an open invitation for this guy, huh? All day and all night you'll be waiting? That sounds desperate and depressing. Little girl, when he's the right guy and you're the right girl, he will be metaphorically busting down the door of your life to get to you. Right now it sounds like you are "addicted for life" to a real D-bag. Based on this song, you don't sound like a great catch either. Sorry...I'm not sorry.



Bridge:
This love will be the death of me, but I know I'll die happily.
I'll know, I'll know, I'll know
Because you love me so....Yeah!

Problem: This "love" will be the death of you? He's sucking the life out of you and you're still going to die happily? No, dear, you will die tired and emotionally exhausted. Because again, he sounds like a tool. And that's not love he's giving you. 
I'm going to die happily for many reasons and among them is the LOVE that my man gives me brings life and rejuvenation into my heart and home. 
Darn it all, the song is catchy. But I'm hoping that my daughter doesn't catch what your thrusting about, because it's a pile of crap. Addie provides enough of that in her diapers. We don't need it oozing out of the radio, too.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This post made my day. "He is a tool"- bahaha. Couldn't agree more.