Friday, July 19, 2013

Boy, oh Boy!

 On Tuesday, we learned that we are having a BOY!
This boy was not shy about displaying himself. He left no lingering questions about his gender.
Gerrit and I have never been good with long-term surprises, so we chose to find out the gender of the babe. I haven't regretted the choice either time. And even though there's no way to know the gender before an ultrasound, test, or birth, we both found ourselves surprised and delighted by the news of a boy. I'm still getting used to the idea. I didn't grow up with brothers, so this is new territory to me!

During each pregnancy, the ultrasound has been a highlight. Finally, the movements inside are matched with an image. 
In the picture below, his little feet are crossed. Adeline did that from Day 1 out of the womb and continues to sit that way. They must be related. 

All of his organs and limbs look great. His heart is pumping well, his brain is in the right spot, and he has 10 fingers and 10 toes. He has gentler movements than his sister had at this point. She was on the move constantly. So far, he seems content to relax and carefully adjust his position as not to disturb me.
From what I know of him, he seems like a pretty cool little guy. I'm excited for him to arrive (not to be confused with "excited for labor"). He's very much loved already.

No comments: