Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

 Up at my parents' house for the weekend, we had a full, loud house! Besides the usual immediate family, we had my grandma Rosalie, Aunt Dawn, and her three granddaughters. Ten adults and eight children under one roof make for a cozy time. The weather cooperated and we were able to be outside.

One of our favorite things to do is walk the Bearskin Trail. But right after we crossed the first bridge, one of the kid's bug nets (from the dollar store) flew into the lake. My brother-in-law, Paul, climbed down to rescue it. I told him it wasn't going to happen, and that just further motivated him. Of course, Greg and Gerrit had to get in on the action too. And wouldn't you know? The net was saved.


The Rascals: Take 1. Chantriss, Owen, Sophie, Aundrea, Asia, Jozie, Addie, and Aubrey.
The Rascals: Take 2. They are all too funny. My little cousins kept calling my dad "Mr. Bill." For the record, his name is Gordon. Poor Aubrey was sick most of the weekend and was quarantined to the basement. Sophie was basically toothless, she's lost so many teeth lately. Jozie and Asia sang show tunes together. My nephew Owen wore his shirt backwards each day to make it a solid color. He then referred to himself as that color + ninja. Example: I'm an orange ninja!


  The kids loved their time together. They got along great. Adeline badly wants to be a big kid, but this time I think she was happy to be in the stroller. She was almost asleep by the end of the walk. 

I realize this is blurry, but it's the best I could do with two very active little girls. Two-year-old Chantriss saw that Addie had the same shirt as she had packed. So she started yelling at me and my aunt, "Baby got my shirt! Baby got my shirt!" She was not comforted until she was wearing her own. And as my aunt was doing all the little girls' hair, there was an extra headband, so on Adeline's head it went! She fit right in.


 We finally got a four-generations picture! *sigh* These women are s-a-s-s-y. Watch out!
We also got to check out this photo from 1944 of my grandma with her mother and siblings. My parents think I look like Grandma (she's the one on the far left). She has aged beautifully, so I'll take it!

No comments: