Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hungry McCranky

 After work this afternoon, I just wanted to soak up Adeline's quickly passing baby-ness. I wanted to be 100% present and attentive, ready to give kisses and hugs in abundance. Well, she was having none of that. An hour before her usual dinner time, she was throwing fits and eating lint off the floor.

We brought out the puffs, which were a very temporary fix. She did survive until dinner time, but not without a few meltdowns. She saw the strawberries coming before I could get them to the tray and she started doing the dance-of-impatience in her chair. No part of the meal could come fast enough for her! It was all I could do to cut up the noodles before she shoved three at a time in her little mouth. I even had to give her part of my meal because hers would not suffice.
Many handfuls of ham, noodles, mixed vegetables, strawberries, yogurt and raisins later, she was practically a new woman. Emotional eating or growth spurt? 
She ended the evening with a bath. Lately, she's been feeling the need to tell me she's done by climbing out of the tub herself. She gets her chubby little leg up on the ledge and grabs me around the neck to pull herself out. We both sit there dripping wet while Gerrit gets the towel ready.  Then there's teeth brushing, which she hates right now. More meltdowns and body flailing....mostly from Adeline. ;) Praise the Lord, she went to bed without a fight. Goodnight!


1 comment:

Sarah Helfinstine said...

I can fully relate to this!
Abby will scream & cry in her highchair [with a tray full of Cheerios] if she sees that we're getting her 'real' food ready. She also tries to climb out of the bathtub! Silly baby girls...