Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Good and the Bad of a Night With the Girls

Tonight was girls' night. We try to meet once a week with as many of us as possible. We especially wanted to get together tonight because MANDY'S ENGAGED! Congrats to her! She got to tell us the story of the proposal and share her excitement about wedding planning. We were all happy to hear her story (GOOD). We were happy to hear at all because the restaurant had this incredibly loud machine that was hummmmmmmmmming constantly (BAD). The food hit the spot. Whoever came up with the soup and salad combo idea is a genius. Perfect for fall weather (GOOD). The person who spilled her red soup on her green sweater is not a genius (BAD). I am my mother's daughter.Our jobs were a big topic of conversation. We're just glad we have them most of the time (GOOD)! But Rachel had a hard day at work and shunned the work conversation (BAD). I don't blame her. Teaching eleven-year-olds is tough! After we ate, we headed to Jess' new place. On the way, I was trying to take candids of our night. I clearly need to learn how to use my camera. And my camera clearly needs to learn how to use its flash appropriately (BAD). But as Delani and I were trying to take a silly, funny-faced picture, we took a cute one (GOOD)! The night was a GOOD reminder that I've been blessed with some wonderful, fun, Christian girlfriends and there's nothing BAD about that! Aw, wasn't this cheesy?

1 comment:

Gordon Magee said...

Thanks for keeing us posted Cassie! Sounds like you have having fun with that "dangerous" group of friends! (We can send you a bib...)