Thursday, June 14, 2012

Would I Rather

Do I love EVERY MINUTE of being a parent? 
No. 
I'm far too selfish for that. 
Sometimes, I would rather take a bath than give a bath. 
Many times, I'd rather sleep in than wake up with Adeline's internal clock.
Once in a while, I'd rather be reading than redirecting a busy girl.
And I would always rather change my nail color than change a diaper.


 But do I love ADELINE every minute?
ABSOLUTELY.
And I'll show her that by giving her a bath without getting one until late evening.
I'll greet her in the early morning with a smile and a kiss, because it's not her fault she's a morning person. 
I'll put down the book, or the iPad, or the phone and play attentively. 
And I will leave my nails naked so that I can fish for that piece of lint in Addie's mouth without her biting off a paint chip.

I will succeed and fail daily. But by the grace of God, she will know that she is loved. That she is a joy and a delight. And I love being HER mom.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Totally agree with everything about this post :) Such great thoughts!!! :)