Friday, June 15, 2012

His and Hers

As we prepare to have a post-birthday and dedication celebration for Adeline with our families, I needed to grocery shop today. This morning I said, "Before I go, I need to make a list."

Gerrit looked confused, "Didn't we already make a list?"
About a week ago, we jotted down the big picture list...on this envelope...this unopened junk mail. 
I laughed a little bit at the thought of carrying this to the grocery store. 
Now, Gerrit being the calm and wise man that he is, could probably breeze through the store with this list. He'd see "fruit pizza" and be able to visualize every item he needs and where to get it (that is if he were at all interested in knowing how to make a fruit pizza).

I, on the other hand, need a detailed list (sometimes with check-boxes) with items listed in the order in which they appear in the store. If I don't have this, I cannot go to the check-out with confidence that I have everything I need. I don't think I'm alone here. Can I get a witness?

They should make this a reality show....Women must go to the store with no list in hand!!! 
*Cue dramatic music and shot of a woman pivoting with fear in the middle of aisle 6*



No comments: