Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To Mister

Four Years Ago.......
A verse chosen by me for Gerrit
:
Ruth 1:16-18
Where you go I will go,
and where you stay I will stay.
Your people will be my people,
and your God my God.
Where you die I will die,
and there I shall be buried.
May the Lord deal with me,
be it ever so severely,
if even death separates you and me.



A verse Gerrit chose for me:
Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot sweep it away.



Gerrit, I don't love you more than I did yesterday. I couldn't love you more. But I hope that I love you better than I did "yesterday." I hope I'll always love you better tomorrow than I did the day before. I'll certainly be here trying.

*There's nothing fancy 'bout the way I love you. But it sure is fancy how you love me.*
~David Barnes


1 comment:

Erika said...

This is beautiful...and I seriously think you two are just the greatest together :) Happy 4 years :)