Sunday, July 31, 2011

Friends and Firsts

In comparison to our mostly hermit-like summer, the past week has been rather busy. We had a visit from Adam, Maria, and their new addition, Delia! She was born two weeks ago and was almost the exact same weight and length as Adeline at birth. I've already forgotten that Addie was that small. Amazing how the brain forgets. We're all excited about the future friendship these girls will have.

Addie rolled again. This was her reaction. Priceless.

Our friends, the Blakes, were staying at a hotel for the wedding of other friends (the Wulffs). They invited us for a swim. This was Addie's first pool experience. She lasted about 10 minutes before letting us know she had had enough.
In contrast, she loves bath time. And she looks pretty stinking cute afterwards.

Back to the Wulff wedding-- Gerrit and I got to get all gussied up for the occasion. Last time I wore that dress was the day after I found out I was pregnant. Oh my!
My sister, Carey, was gracious enough to babysit. Addie was a crabby-pants for much of the evening. Sorry, Carey!
Adam, Matt B., Matt W. (the groom), and Gerrit are all high school buddies.
The day was blazing hot, but the wedding was gorgeous. We had a great time! Congrats to Matt and Emily!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Ummm.... you're a skinny-minny!! Way to go, lady! And your little addie is a doll, crabby or not. :) I have a soft spot in my heart for crabby babies.

Erika said...

I agree with Jenny...you are so skinny little mama! You look fantastic and Addie is oh so cute as usual :) Adorable!