Friday, March 28, 2008

Road Trip

I took a trip to my hometown for a couple days. My Grandma, my sister, Courtney and 2 nieces were visiting, so it seemed like a good time to go. Aubrey was disappointed that Gerrit wasn't with me. Her first question as I walked through the door was, "Where's Gerrit?" I guess I'm not the cool one anymore. Actually, when I told Aubrey that Gerrit and I were getting married last year she said, "But I was gonna marry Gerrit!" I'm glad I got to him first! I had fun coloring with Aubrey. We attempted to make bubble letters. She's well on her way to being a great artist. Jozie's a little character. She's so animated! She would follow me around the house with her pillow. When I stopped, she would stop, put down her pillow, and lay down.
I also had fun with my parents and Grandma. We went to see "The Other Boleyn Girl." I give it 3 out of 5 stars. It was a bit dark for my liking.
My mom, Grandma and I had a great talk about the joys of labor. At this point, my dad promptly left the room. How this came up? I don't know. But it was interesting to hear their insights and a great reminder that I am not ready to have a baby just yet! (as if I needed the reminder!) Anyway, it was good to be home, as always.

1 comment:

Carey said...

I'm sorry I had to miss it! We wanted to be there. I could have shared a few "joys of labor" stories myself!