Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Come on, Spring!

It's so stinking nice outside today! I'm getting tired of the snow. The 40 degree weather is looking pretty good right now. I wish I had an unemployed friend to take a walk with. (me in 2nd grade --->)
I'm still in the job searching process. I thought I had found a really wonderful opportunity. The job post made it sound like a great entry-level marketing position (that's how they get ya). Turns out it wasn't at all what they said it would be. The job involves door-to-door sales (and is possibly a pyramid scheme). No thanks. In my opinion, if they haven't found a better way than that to advertise, they are doing something wrong. Thankfully, Gerrit's friend, Matt had already interviewed for the same position a while back (and quickly realized he didn't want the job). So, I let them know I wouldn't be coming in for the interview. Matt felt bad for shattering my dreams; though, I've never dreamed of being a door-to-door salesperson. So, job well done, Matt. Thanks for letting me know before I had to go to an awkward interview. And thank you, Gerrit, for putting up with your (hopefully soon-to-not-be) unemployed wife. I love you.

2 comments:

jenny said...

I'm unemployed!! And I'll go on a walk with you! And, why don't you want to have doors slammed in your face for a living??

skyblue50 said...

I'm glad you were able to find that out before you went to the interview.