Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Come One, Come All!

To the greatest show on earth!

Yes folks, Addie and I went to her first circus. 


Life changing. 
 Toddler dreams coming true. 


The way I see it, the circus is one part depressing dazzling, two parts magical.

The animals were on their second show of the day. (We were reminded by the lone protester on the drive into the stadium that "Circuses are Traveling Torture Shows." So, that felt good.) The tigers seemed a bit lethargic. Sunday night, people. Don't we all feel that way?


As the stuck-in-an-80s-hair-band lion tamer performed, Addie asked if he was going to kill the tigers. 


When the lady acrobats performed, Adeline made a keen observation, "She's wearing special pink underwears!" Special indeed. I'll be cleaning the house in a similar pair from now on. 


Intermission was three rings of temptation. Elephant rides, bouncy castles, face painting, hurrah! Naturally, Addie wanted her picture taken with the acrobatic Elsa and Anna. But the bedazzled non-Disney posers charged $10 per Polaroid. I'm no dummy, I paid for the $10 camel ride instead. Making a memory to last a lifetime, you know. (And the line for the elephant was too long.)


Part Two began, and out came the miniature horses. They pranced around the ring whilst their tiny saddle poofs bounced to and fro. 


Life changing. 
Cassie dreams coming true. 

I will own a team of miniature horses one day! And they will be the delight of the neighborhood! Mark my words.

Next a crew of adolescent stunt boys performed. They flipped and spun in ways that can only make one question everything about one's life. I mean, what am I doing with mine? I can't do any of that. This kid is 9 and he's IN THE CIRCUS! And he's the best at it! I did yoga once....almost.


 Finally the Wheel of Death (where no one has actually died) wrapped up the show as the last bit of blue raspberry icee was slurped up from the straw.


And life will never be the same.

No comments: