Sunday, January 29, 2012

The One Where Addie Grows

Yes folks, it seems Adeline has changed overnight. She's suddenly doing all these new tricks! She finally enjoys baby food. We've been trying different foods for months, only to be met with pursed lips from Addie. Then one day, I tried bananas and clapped when she opened her mouth to them. She thought the attention was pretty great and decided to try more. Since then we've had all kinds of fun with food.

On the Friday before Christmas, she woke up with TWO bottom teeth. She likes to show them off, so we've finally gotten some smiley pictures of her.
Addie likes to clap her hands for any occasion, especially to keep herself awake! Speaking of which, we are trying to sleep train her. That includes letting her "cry it out." I hate every minute of it. If you'd like to come take over until she is trained, I will pay the highest dollar.
And look out, World! Adeline is scooching everywhere. Nothing is safe. She does an endearing army crawl straight for her little box of toys. Also, in case we had any doubt that she is a daddy's girl, she says "da-da" like it's going out of style. I know it's easier to say than "mama," but doesn't she know what I did to get her here?!
In postpartum news, my hair fell out in clumps (yes, clumps!) a couple months back. It is now growing back in the most awkward fashion. I like to call the front a "tufty bang." Basically, it looks like I have styled a two-inch front section to stand straight up. Let it be known that I haven't! No matter what I do, these hairs insist on standing up. I even parted my hair on the opposite side and tied my hair down in pig-tails in hopes that the weight of my other hair would push the tufty bang down. This picture shows what I found next:
Those tufty hairs are EVERYWHERE! I would venture to guess that I lost about a fourth of my total hair. I am accepting all wig donations.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Sarah Helfinstine said...

Oh my goodness the tufty hairs! I have funky little bangs that have somehow appeared & stick straight up. Some of them are [finally] a couple inches long & will [sometimes] stay down. thanks, Abby, for the new hair style. I appreciate it.