Monday, June 13, 2011

One Month Old!

I can't believe a month has passed since Adeline made her big debut! She's a month old!!!!

Our precious bundle. She's so pleasant this way. :)
I knew time would go by quickly. But that month was so fast, I hardly realized it passed. It's been a month of adjustments. Being a new parent is a rude awakening.
News flash: Infants are hard work.
Oh...you aren't surprised by that revelation? Weird. See, I got that memo, but must have skimmed the part where it said, "Everything you've heard about newborns is true!" I guess I assumed I would have a wonder-baby and I would be a wonder-mom. Well, I do have a pretty great baby. She's healthy and lovely and WONDERful. But I'm still me. A bit frazzled. :)

***
Gerrit and Addie...doing their thing. He just loves her. He asks me often to take a picture of them. We have several of them like this. Lots of father/daughter pictures.

I, on the other hand, have very few pictures of the two of us. Most of the time, I look like a tired mom with glasses on and greasy hair. But that's because hygiene is a luxury now. A complete shower is a real treat. This is the best I can do. Still tired looking, but my hair looks clean and I have remnants of yesterdays make-up. You're welcome.

This is literally her first time sleeping in the crib. She still doesn't like it for long. I had to document it!
Addie's been giving us a run for our money each night around 9 or 10. She cries almost non-stop for an hour. She's inconsolable. We've tried swaddling, white noise, car rides, tummy time, shhhing, bouncing.....oh my. It's as if she's trying to tire herself out for the night. Pray it's a phase! I actually started writing this post last night and had to come back today to finish because she was being fussy.

All in all, we are re-learning how to live life. Everything is an adventure now. We've had quite a few outings and that makes me feel more human--which is great. And she's a darling, lovable baby. One month old! Such a big girl!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hi Cassie. I am Shari's friend, Missy. I think she has told you about me and some of the things we had in common with our pregnancies, etc. She sent me your blog and I just had to comment that I identify with sooo much of what you write about recently. My Tyler Jameson is 10 weeks old now. I can tell you that the second month and beyond has been much more awesome than the first month. I am still learning to live this new life too, but it definitely feels more normal. Just wait 'til she starts smiling at you when she doesn't have gas :-) You will fall in love all over again.