Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Immediately following Thanksgiving, Gerrit and I got to work on Christmas decorations and shopping. After fiddling with lights and decorations for way too long, we learned that we shouldn't decorate the same item together. Making a home beautiful can bring out the "uglies" in people. :) We were laughing at our "holiday spirit" by the end.

Here's our little tree. That actually is all of it (propped up on box). This year, Gerrit had some childhood ornaments to share. I used to decorate this tree when I was little. Hopefully, someday our kids will do the same.

This is the Nativity set my parents gave us as a wedding gift a couple years ago. They brought it back from a trip to Israel. It's from Bethlehem! This is the first year we've had a place to put it.

Last night as I was wrapping presents, I wanted to watch a holiday movie. I searched our OnDemand movies and found....MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS! I was so happy. It's not totally a holiday movie, but it is where Judy Garland sang the original "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and I love it. I used to watch it over and over when I was really little. I would just yell, "Meet Louie! Meet Louie!" and my mom would know I wanted to watch it.I hope the start of your holiday season has been lovely and that the "uglies" stay away from the festivities!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oooo, fun!! I like the idea of watching Meet Me in St. Louis around Christmas!!! Sometimes I want to watch movies that are Christmas-y but not always the same actual Christmas movies...if that makes sense!!! :) Anyways, love the pictures of your place all decorated!