Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had lots of Adam and Maria time this weekend! Gerrit has known them since Jr. High/High School and we try to get together often.

I've decided that we're bad people. Here's why: I had complimentary tickets to see the high school musical in the district I work in. We left (quietly) at intermission. Ouch. But we just couldn't bring ourselves to stay! So, we've decided to make the most of this. We're going to go on a state-wide tour of high school musicals. I will blog/review them. That blog will in turn become a best-selling book, which will in turn become a motion picture. We'll all be famous. I can feel myself changing already.

We had better luck the next day at the ZOO! It was a bit chilly, but we got to see everything we wanted to--
from God's little creatures (the sea horses)....
...to His bigger creatures (the Russian Grizzly)...

...from God's beautifully strange (whatever this bird is)...
...to His strangely beautiful (our friends).
After this, we went to a lovely restaurant. We played board games with Adam and Maria. They left and I got sick. Bummer. Thankfully, I had all of Sunday to recover.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

LoriLynn said...

So that bird, its totally a pigeon... I was like oooh I love those, what are they, to which Randy replied, babe, that is a pigeon, a crowned pigeon...you would like the pigeon in an exotic birds exhibit. How much do you love the MN zoo and all its odd and akward animals (I mean what kind of zoo has things like takins and doesn't regularly have giraffes or penguins?)