Monday, October 19, 2009

Cause I'm a Woman...W-O-M-A-N

This week, I had the pleasure of seeing some of my favorite female friends. And what a wonderful week it has been! Mandy was in town with her husband, Adam. We got to share some brief, yet precious, moments with them! My heart has had a Mandy-shaped hole in it since she left; so, it was filled a little bit while she was here.
(This is Mandy at one of her wedding showers, but I thought she deserved a picture!)

Jess, Rachel, and I took an adventurous trip "Up North" over a break we all had from school. They both teach elementary grades....but you can't tell, right?

The hotel was highly decorated for Halloween. So, we all made friends:
Jess
Rachel
Me
A glimpse at the shenanigans we enjoyed while shopping:


The trip was altogether too much fun. We laughed too much, ate too much, shopped too much, and hot-tubbed just enough.

Well, I had about 2 hours between getting back from that trip to go to another friend's house. One of my former college roommates, Tara, had us over to make applesauce and have dinner! Katie, Molly, Tara, and I all got married around the same time 2 years ago. In that aspect, we're in very similar places in life (which is always encouraging to share).
Tara, teaching us how easy applesauce is to make!
Molly and Katie take over
Molly and I
Thank you, Tara, for being a wonderful hostess.
Thanks to Maria, Ahna, and Mom for helping me put together my Halloween costume (more on that in a later post).
Thanks to all the woman in my life (those who I saw this week and those I didn't) for being wonderful and making my life so happy.

3 comments:

jenny said...

Ooh! Now you should teach US how easy apple sauce is to make!

Erika said...

This looks like sooooo much fun, Cassie!!!!! Way to have girl time!!! :) I agree with Jenny...you should teach us how to make apple sauce! :)

Mandy said...

Oh Cass! i have a Cassie shaped hole in my heart too! I did not however get it filled up enough when I saw you because it was too short and I need more of you! Love you girl!