Monday, November 17, 2008

Two Left Feet

Tonight, Gerrit and I were playing a game. We took turns choosing songs and music videos from youtube. Okay, so...not a great game, but entertaining enough and a fun way to reminisce. After a few song selections, I chose KC and JoJo's "All My Life." To those readers who are over 30, that was a song that came out in my Jr. High days. I made Gerrit dance with me. I'm pretty sure the boy I had a crush on in 7th grade rejected my request to dance while this song was playing. Obviously, I was devastated. My dad later picked me up and asked if I had danced with any boys. I said, "No." He responded with, "They're just intimidated by your beauty." Awwww, that's the sweetest lie I've ever heard. Thanks, Dad. Anyway, Gerrit and I didn't meet till college and we missed out on dances together in our pre-teen years. So, we danced in true Jr. High fashion: with 2 feet between us. Gotta leave room for Jesus! And I think maybe Gerrit was a little intimidated! :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Cassie! I remember that song too and thinking it had to be the most romantic song ever written! So glad you got to have your moment :)

Erika said...

Ha! I love it...absolutely love it! :)I miss you guys :(

Shannon said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog!!