Monday, November 3, 2008

Looks Can Be Deceiving

I have a confession. I am not who I seem to be. At least I'm not who I seemed to be for the past couple weekends. Last weekend I was a movie star. This past weekend I was a temporary Vikings fan. (Please don't disown me, Dad!)
My sister Carey and her husband Greg hosted their annual Halloween party last weekend. I went as Angelina Jolie, while Gerrit went as one of his favorite characters....MacGyver. I put on a pregnant belly and Gerrit drew some tattoos on my arms. In the dark Halloween lighting, some of the guests actually thought I was pregnant! Yikes! Gerrit rocked a mullet and a swiss army knife. We had a great time. Thanks, Carey and Greg!Yesterday, Gerrit and I went the the Vikings game with his sister, Ahna and her boyfriend, Rico. I am actually a Packer fan. But I couldn't safely show my face at a Vikings game decked out as a Packer fan. Now, I know my dad might give me flack about this. But Dad, remember the verse in Ruth that I picked for Gerrit at our wedding: "Where you go, I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people, your God will be my God," and your favorite football team will be my second favorite football team. Okay, I added the last part. But in that Vikings shirt, I think Gerrit found me more beautiful than on our wedding day. :) We had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures of our afternoon.Gerrit insisted on taking this picture (below). He really wanted to document my temporary betrayal and the moment he fell in love with me all over again.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Ha! I absolutely LOVE your costumes....Angelina Jolie and MacGyver?? Classic! You totally look actually pregnant in that pic and I though it was an announcement at first. Too funny! Also, I am an ex-Packer fan turned Viking....watch out, Cassie! You may follow in my footsteps! It started with one game and then eventually I couldn't take the pressure and turned Vikings fan!

Rainiedavis said...

Your choice of Halloween costumes is fab. Sounds like a fun time at the game. I love your design on the blog. Aunt Rainie

Gordon Magee said...

Its good that I hadn't read this prior to you being here for Thanksgiving! :-) Love Dad...the PACKER FAN!!!