Monday, September 29, 2008

From Coffee Shop to Cubicle

I have served my last cup of coffee at Caribou! Good-bye "large-extra-hot-no-froth-skinny-latte-with-a-half-shot-of-hazelnut-hold-the-lid." Hello computer software testing!
Of course, I will miss Caribou dearly. I had some great co-workers and customers that I enjoyed seeing daily. One customer actually cried when I told her I was leaving. "There are just some people, like you, who bring a little joy back into my life," she said. I'll definitely miss her and others.
But alas, it is time to move on. For the past week or so, I have been in training to test computer software at the same company where Gerrit works. So far, it's Greek to me. But they tell me I'm catching on fast. I even broke some software today! In testing land, this is a good thing. At Caribou...not so much. Anything I can do to help!
Looking at a computer screen is certainly a change from making mochas. The change in attire is a nice change, too. Instead of coffee stained, frumpy, black shirts, I get to wear pretty, fitted clothes...in color! (Though I'm not diggin' the heels all day.)
I will miss the interaction with customers, but it is nice to back in an office. It's a step in the right direction.
And I get to work with Gerrit! (He's this super hot guy in the next cubicle!) I think I see an office romance in my future!

1 comment:

Erika said...

How fun that you get to work with Gerrit now!! I hope you like your new job!