Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Latest

Man, I'm a terrible blogger. Sorry, everyone! Well, the latest news is that Gerrit and I are looking for a new place of residence. We aren't looking to buy just yet. Maybe in another year. So far, we've just been looking at ads in the paper and online. I'm looking for something like this.
I particularly like the extensive grounds, the hired help, and of course, the walk-in closets. It might be a few years down the road till we achieve this. But I know we'll get there! I guess I'll settle for a mouse-free apartment or house. :)

I also just got a new job at Caribou Coffee. This is a temporary solution until I find a grown-up job. But for now, I'm enjoying the atmosphere and the people I work with. However, working at a coffee shop is nothing like visiting one. It's hard work! The first time I attempted to steam milk, it splattered EVERYWHERE! It was only slightly traumatizing and I don't think any customers noticed. Thankfully, my manager was very nice about it and did the same thing the next day! Apparently it happens to everyone. Tomorrow I have to take a test about coffee and make 3 drinks. This is more nerve-racking than college finals! Somebody actually has to drink my final exam! So much pressure.

Tonight, Gerrit is playing softball in a league with his good friend, Dave. I will be playing the role of the supportive wife in the stands. Gerrit said I didn't have to come if I would be bored. I said, "Oh, I'll be bored. But I'm coming." I'm missing Survivor for this! But I love the boy, so what can I do? We really need TiVo. That's all for now. Love to all!

1 comment:

Rainiedavis said...

Caribou is my favorite. I bet it is fun. And I could see what the training might have been scary!Love, Aunt Ranie