Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pot Roast

I spent the day yesterday running errands and looking for a job. Since I had some extra time on my hands, I decided to make a pot roast for the first time! Now, Gerrit doesn't eat vegetables, but I'm hoping maybe the meat soaked up some of the nutrients from the vegetables. That can happen, right? I was pretty nervous about how it would turn out...I even set the table! (We never use the table.) But it was a hit! or at least edible! After seeing the apartment clean and dinner prepared, Gerrit said I should just give up my job search and be a stay-at-home wife. It's a thought...an unrealistic thought, but...hey! He liked it! I think I prefer my mom's recipe. So, I'll probably try that next time. But if you'd like to make this very simple pot roast, here's the recipe I used: http://kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=75576

3 comments:

skyblue50 said...

Is that an actual photo of the meal as served? Looks good! Gerrit thinks he can absorb the nutrients by looking the vegetables. Lol

Cassie said...

I wish that is what mine looked like. But this is a picture from the website. It still tasted good though!

Rainiedavis said...

It looks very tasty Cassie. Good job!