Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Is it Me???

I don't know why, but for some reason I attract awkward people and awkward moments. I don't ask for these things to happen--they just do. I have two prime examples just from today!
My first call this morning at work was from a telemarketer. I answered the phone like I always do: "Thank you for calling...This is Cassie." And the man on the other line said, "Did you say your name is Cassie? My girlfriend's brother's girlfriend is named Cassie. She's a real neat girl. Real special. A bit wild though. Yeah....she's got a wild streak." How am I supposed to respond to this??? Obviously sales is not his gift. I didn't buy what he was selling. Pun intended.
Next, I was standing in line to order lunch and this middle-aged business man behind me says, "You do the same thing I do. You must have rubbed up against your car." (I had some dirt on my pants.) I said, "Oh thank you for telling me." I started to wipe the dirt off my leg and he proceeded to wipe my other calf! Before I could object, he had stopped. But what would make him think this is normal? I understand that people feel the need be "Mid-west nice" but back off! I can wipe my own leg!
Maybe it's the area....I was going through the drive-thru a while back when the teenage drive-thru boy told me I had beautiful eyes. Much appreciated, my eyes are stunning, but just give me the cheeseburger.
Is it me? Am I putting out a "please be awkward around me" vibe?

2 comments:

Carey said...

I think you just have a "nice and approachable" vibe. It's why all the "special" kids have always like us girls!! :)

MMMMMATTHEW said...

my neighborhood is soooo sweet