Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Look at Me!" and Other Fun Phrases

One of Addie's new favorite phrases is "Look at me!" And she is usually quite the sight to behold.




Other frequent phrases:

Don't DO that! 

I tell you, no!

Wake up. C'mon, daddy. C'mon, mama.
(As she yanks on our sleepy limbs, after she has crawled out of bed.)

Here ya go. 
(As she hands me my glasses in the morning, thinking this is all it takes to wake me up.)

I wan' goldfish. 
(the snack)

I wan' 'Punzel. 
(She is obsessed with the movie, "Tangled.")

Pine out! 
(She puts her toys in time out, and is actually doing that as I type.)

I wanna help you.

Stop, please.
(When she is annoyed.)

My do it!
(Referring to just about anything.)

I wanna see it.
(She likes to see what we are cooking for dinner.)

No work!
(She yells at Gerrit when he is getting ready in the morning.)

I want [fill in the blank], Honey.
(When she really wants something, she sugarcoats it with a sweet nickname for us.)

I do it, 'gain.

Close your eyes! 
(If she catches us with our eyes open while praying. "Pot, meet Kettle.")

I wanna dance. I wan' tutu.
(An essential accessory when even the hint of a melody is playing.)


I have to go rescue the Little People farmer from "pine out" now. 
Until next time....







No comments: