Thursday, March 29, 2012

Praying for Adeline

I'm not always the most motivated person, but I got a little idea spark from Pinterest. Imagine that! On this site, I found "31 Ways to Pray for Your Children" by Bob Hostetler. I needed specific help with prayer. Of course, I want to pray for Adeline. But I find myself being very repetitive and feeling like I'm missing some big issues I should talk about with God on her behalf. With the "31 Days" idea, I have a full month's worth of topics!

But I needed a visual reminder. So, I set out to get myself some colorful index cards and sharpies.

On one side, I wrote the day of the month along with the attribute for the day. On the other side, I wrote the prayer and the Bible verse it is inspired by.

Then I punched a hole in each card and put it on a ring for easy flipping.

I'm sure there are fancier ways to put this together, but I'm pleased with the simplicity. By nature, I am NOT an awesome prayer-warrior-mom. But I WANT to be. And now you all get to hold me accountable. :)

No comments: