Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Challenge: Days 16 and 17

I find myself here at the computer because Gerrit and our friend, Pat, are playing video games....AGAIN. I was contently reading in bed, but I started falling asleep at the too-early time of 8 p.m. In an effort to keep myself awake, I think I'll give you not one, but two days of the photo challenge in one entry! Lucky you. You're welcome.

A Photo of the Last Party You Went To:
The theme of our friend, Adam's, (27th) birthday party was Batman. It was decorated accordingly. We all got Batman tattoos, goody bags, and memories to last a lifetime. :) Everyone loves a theme party! I know you're jealous.

Okay, so Day 17's challenge is a drunken photo of yourself. Good luck finding that picture. It doesn't exist as I have never been even a little bit drunk. Instead, I give you:

An Embarrassing Photo
Actually, I'm not embarrassed by this photo....cause it's awesome. My side of the family celebrated Christmas over Thanksgiving, since it was an In-Law year during actual Christmas. We decided to celebrate with ugly sweaters; not a new concept, but a fun one I think every family should enjoy. Besides the overwhelming cool factor here, this picture is great because we are all in it (with the extra-special bonus of Grandma)! That so rarely happens.

And, just because I love you all so much, I'm adding a third picture for the price of two. It's my 23 weeks pregnant photo.I never thought I'd be one of those gals to feel fat during pregnancy (it's natural; you're body is supposed to change; you're growing a life; it's beautiful...yadda yadda yadda). I'm just gonna be honest- I feel fat. That's just the way it is. And I will continue to get bigger. It needs to happen. But you can't talk me out of my feelings. So there. Who are these women who say being pregnant is the most beautiful they've ever felt? I'd like to meet them....and smack them (but not while they're pregnant. THAT would be wrong).
But all that to say, I love the Bean. She's worth it. I will grin and bare the belly. It's a blessing that I cried and prayed for. And it's not totally unrealistic to think that I'll be leaving in skinny jeans from the hospital.....right? :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Skinny jeans? Straight from the hospital?

BaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

::regaining composure::

Ahem, well not unless they have an elastic waistband hunny!

All joking aside, I remember the fat feeling too but soon after the belly overtook the hips/booty so I didn't feel so squarely shaped. :)

Luckily, you'll be so enamored with your girl for those first few days that you could wear a potato sack home from the hospital and probably not care.

Erika said...

Uggh...the fat feeling :( I felt "pretty" as a preggo lady for ONE month and it was month 7 because I looked pregnant but hadn't quite gotten to the waddle stage yet...HA! :) Someone told me not to invest in maternity clothes but I did anyways....and I'm sooo glad because I'm currently wearing my cute maternity jeans from Old Navy that are super comfy and no one can tell they are maternity jeans! Ooohh, and I've learned that sweatpants will be your best friend after your hospital stay! :) But, yes, she will be SO worth it :)