Friday, March 12, 2010

And the Oscar Goes to....

....Adam and Maria's Party! Our dear friends hosted a red-carpet event (seriously, they had a red-carpet!) in honor of the Academy Awards. We got all dolled up and ate fancy snacks! It was a great excuse to wear old prom and bridesmaid dresses. Maria and I also got to wear our wedding tiaras. How many chances do you get to do that? Joan Rivers would have a few things to say, I'm sure.

The hosts: Adam and Maria

Gerrit and I

Matt had tiara envy, so I let him borrow mine for a while. His girlfriend, Emily, approved.

Adam and Maria made some amazing food. My favorite were the little smokies wrapped in bacon. I made a fruit pizza (that I'm pretty proud of) and here's how it turned out:

I enjoyed the show, but it got a bit long for me. All I really wanted to see were Best Actor/Actress and Best Picture. But I feel asleep around 10:15 and missed all of those! Oh well. Did you watch the Oscars?

2 comments:

Mrs. E. said...

I didn't see the Oscars but I used to always look forward to see the fashions and the pre-awards shows. What fun to have a party and a fun reason to get all "gussied" up. And didn't you look smashing!

Erika said...

I LOVE this!! What a fabulous idea...complete with the red carpet!