Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad

Dad,

Thanks for:
*teaching me how to ride a bike. I know I was not a good student.

*letting me sit on your lap while playing cards or just when I needed a good cry.

*being frank about boys. I hated that conversation, but I'm so glad you had it with me. It helped me find the right boy (even if he is a Vikings' fan!).

*sharing your love of music. Because of you, I love Chicago and CCR; and I know that Sinatra was more than a good singer, but a great story teller.

*picking me up from Jr. High dances and convincing me that the boys didn't dance with me because they were intimidated by my beauty.

*coming to every mediocre high school play and finding something nice to say at the end.

*preparing me to be a hard worker.

*being on my side every time, even when I know I'm probably wrong.

*loving us girls through our emotional ups and downs. And you never once said you wish you had had boys!

*loving Mom and being an example of what a wonderful husband looks like.

*walking me down the aisle to give me away to someone you trust to be the kind of husband you are to Mom.

*most importantly, teaching me about God; answering my questions; encouraging me in my faith and for loving God yourself.

*and for much, much more.

You're my favorite dad. I love you so much.

1 comment:

Gordon Magee said...

Thanks Cassie!!! I love you! What a nice (and tearful) way to wake up this morning. I'm so glad I didn't read this at work. People would have wondered why I was crying. What a wonderful birthday present! (Money would have been good though...just kidding....)

I love you! Dad