Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Funny Valentine

So yesterday, I was on my way to my friend Molly's house for a lovely V-day brunch. I got a few miles down the freeway when I heard a terrible noise coming from somewhere on or in the car. I thought to myself, "That doesn't sound healthy. I will calmly pull over at my earliest convenience." In reality, I was a little panicky! But I was soon able to pull over to a somewhat spacious shoulder. When it was safe, I got out and walked around to the passenger's side and saw this:Awesome. This is shaping up to be a really great day. I called Gerrit to let him know of my plight. Unfortunately, neither of us has experience changing a tire (especially not on the freeway!). So, I called a towing service. Actually, I had to call three different numbers to get someone to answer! In the meantime, Gerrit came to wait with me. My hero:In total, the flat tire/towing experience lasted about an hour and a half. I missed brunch. :( Sorry girls! But I got to be a damsel in distress and Gerrit got to rescue me on Valentines' Day.

In the afternoon, Gerrit and I exchanged small gifts (including Mary Poppins for me!) and spent time relaxing together. We didn't want to deal with the crowds who would be out and about. We had breakfast for dinner. I made cinnamon roll french toast (real yummy), and Gerrit made scrambled eggs (he's a pro). But my body didn't want breakfast for dinner and I was sick for the rest of night. Again, awesome.

Flat tires and flu-like symptoms aside, it was a good day. I hope your day was good and that you felt loved by someone in your life.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh no!!!! I have to admit I laughed the whole way through your post!! haha! :) Well, you will definitely NEVER forget this Valentine's!!I am so with you on not wanting to go out with all the crowds...I think I want to start celebrating on the 13th...our restaurant was so empty! I hope you're feeling better now!